Monday, June 20th, 2022
2 EMS calls to the same location on Payne Street. Firefighters checked the patient until EMS arrived. Second call was a welfare check on the same location.
Sunday, June 19th, 2022
Early morning EMS call brought firefighters out on HWY 805. Firefighters and EMS was having a difficult time finding location. Dispatch called back and found the address was given wrong and the locati...
Friday, June 17th, 2022
1) Firefighters responded to Profitt Ln and HWY 805 to remove a tree in the roadway.2) Heavy rains and winds brought several trees down. Firefighters removed trees on HWY 805 and in Mudtown area.
Thursday, June 16th, 2022
1) Firefighters called to a female had fingers stuck in a fence. On arrival firefighters freed the patient and checked for injuries. No further assistance needed.2) A homeowner's bird flew from ho...
Thursday, June 10th, 2021
Ladder 22 was sold to Clark County KY. Hope the Mack will have many more years with it's new owner.
Wednesday, June 5th, 2019
Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
Monday, December 17th, 2018
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Saturday, September 16th, 2017
New member of the fire department family. Firefighter Matthew Corbett and wife Heather had a baby girl Kathryn Julianna Corbett borned Aug. 20, 2017. She is also the grand daughter of Chief Corbett.
Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls

The children's robes fail to meet the flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The mower can leak fuel when it is stored in the upright (vertical) storage position, posing a fire hazard.

One of the U-shaped buckles on the supporting cables can fail, posing an impact injury hazard to the user or bystander if the rack falls. 

The glass Coda pendant light fixtures can detach from their electrical cord, causing the fixture to fall unexpectedly, posing a risk of injury from impact.

The lithium-ion batteries in the umbrella's solar panels can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.

The metal snaps on the rompers can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The recalled over-the-counter products contain the regulated substance acetaminophen which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The recalled over-the-counter products contain the regulated substances aspirin and ibuprofen which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The chairs can tip over or collapse when a consumer is seated in the chair, posing a fall hazard.

The recalled over-the-counter product contains the regulated substance acetaminophen which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The children's pajamas fail to meet the tight-fitting flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The load center can overheat, posing thermal burn and fire hazards.

Surface paint on the desks and chairs contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint ban, posing a lead poisoning hazard. The desks and chairs also fail to comply with the federal lead content ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.

The Xylophone's feet can loosen and fall off, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The ceramic tower heater's cord and plug can overheat when in use, posing fire and burn hazards.

The recalled over-the-counter product contains the regulated substance acetaminophen which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the product is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The toys' yellow poles contain levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.

Tubes on the Activity Loops toys can detach from the base releasing small plastic rings, posing a small parts choking hazard to children.  

The mudguard is positioned too close to the front wheel which can cause the wheel to lock up leading to sudden deceleration of the bike if an object gets caught between the mudguard and front tire, posing crash and injury hazards to the rider.   

The bulb in the fixture can pop, flash and overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.

The treadmills can start on their own, posing a fall hazard to a user.

The throttle cable can freeze at low ambient temperatures, resulting in a stuck throttle which can cause the brakes to fail to stop the vehicle, posing a crash hazard. Additionally, on certain Model Year 2022 Intimidator GC1K vehicles, the onboard software does not prevent consumers from exceeding 15 mph when the seatbelt is disengaged, posing a crash hazard.

The refrigerator's door hinge can break causing the door to detach when the consumer tries to open the French doors, posing an impact injury hazard to the consumer.

The toggle switch can separate from the transceiver, and prevent the transceiver from switching to search mode, making it difficult to locate a skier in an avalanche, which can result in severe bodily harm or death if a skier is buried under snow.

Rubber rings on the rear wheels can separate from the wheels and detach from the Activity Walkers, posing a strangulation hazard to young children.

The children's robes fail to meet flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The bowl holder's fabric can char after being microwaved for the suggested three minutes, posing a fire hazard. 

The ice level detector arm in the ice maker can break into pieces and fall into the ice bucket, posing a choking hazard.

The children's pajama sets fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

Components of the recalled promotional ducks contain levels of certain phthalates that exceed the federal phthalate content standard. A component of the promotional fishing duck also contains a level of lead that exceeds the federal lead content standard. Phthalates and lead are toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.

The children's pajamas fail to meet the tight-fitting flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

Screws can become loose and/or detach from the xylophone component of the activity tables, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The children's pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The coffee cup can crack or break when hot water is poured into it, posing a burn hazard.

A software malfunction in the electrical system can continue to provide assistance to the motor, causing continued momentum, when the rider is not actively controlling the hoverboard, posing fall and injury hazards.

The recalled vehicles can have a damaged fuel tank causing fuel to leak, posing fire and explosion hazards.

The children's robes fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

 

The children's robes fail to meet flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The snaps on the recalled garments can detach and also expose small sharp prongs, posing choking and laceration hazards to young children.   

The recalled recumbent trikes front axles were improperly assembled during manufacturing. The axles can come loose during use, causing the rider to lose control, posing crash and injury hazards.


© 2022 Jenkins Fire Department