Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Police requested firefighters to assist with searching for a subject that had left the area of Overlook Terrace. Firefighters brought the thermal imaging camera and searched the area. No one was found.
1) Firefighters called to an EMS call in Joes Branch. Firefighters assisted with moving the patient.2) Firefighters were called to a fire on US 23 near Joes Branch on top of the hill. Neon EMS was near the area and advised gas company was working on wells in the area.
1) Firefighters cut a tree from HWY 805 at Profitt Rd.2) Engine 20 responded to McPeaks Branch to a stove fire. On arrival firefighters pulled the stove breaker and removed the stove from the structure.
1) Firefighters responded to a vehicle accident on US 23 South. Firefighters did traffic control until police could arrive.2) Responded to Improvement Branch to unclog a culvert .3) House being demolished on Elkhorn Ave and crews set an area on fire.
1) Vehicle unlock on Straight Row.2) Snows blew in causing US 23 Jenkins Mountain to be slippery. Police requested assisted with traffic control until the Highway Department could arrive with salt trucks.
Firefighters responded to automatic aid to a structure fire in McRoberts. On arrival Engine 20 laid a supply line and then firefighters pulled an attack line . The fire caused a brush fire that was spreading.
1) Firefighters were called to a vehicle accident on a strip mine road off of US 23. On arrival firefighters got the vehicle out of the mud and returned to the station.2) A strange odor was reported coming out of an apartment in Mountain Breeze.