Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) Firefighters were called to an EMS call in Number 6 Hollow in the early hours. Firefighters obtained history and vitals and EMS arrived.2) Motor assist on Lakeside Drive.3) Vehicle unlock at Burdine School.
1) Firefighters called to Cottage Row to assist a female who had fallen. Firefighters had to pop the front door to make entrance and found the residence and assisted her to a chair. Firefighters repaired the door molding before leaving the resident.2) Firefighters called to a one vehicle accident on...
1) Firefighters were called to the Gateway Industrial Park for a bale of hay was on fire. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and overhauled the area.2) Firefighter responded to a vehicle unlock at the Jenkins Double Kwick.3) A motor assist on Goodwater Street.
1) An off duty Sheriff Officer radioed police of an EMS call at the Jenkins City Park. Firefighters responded with police to check the patient. EMS arrived and check the patient. No further treatment was needed.2) Vehicle unlock at the Jenkins Double Kwick.
Firefighters called to a 2 vehicle accident on HWY 805 at the Union Hall. Firefighters checked occupants and assisted with traffic control . Firefighters remained until EMS had went in route to the hospital and vehicles had been moved.
1) Firefighters called to High Street for an EMS call. Firefighters obtained history and vitals and monitored the patient until EMS arrived.2) Firefighters had been paged to a possible fire on Cove Street.
1) Firefighters were called to an EMS call at the Caviler Drug Store. On arrival the patient had already gone wit family in their vehicle.2) Firefighters called to assist EMS with moving a patient on Payne Street.3) Firefighters were called to a vehicle accident off of US 23 .
1) Burdine School requested a walk through after a transformer had blown in the area and only certain areas had power. Firefighters walked through the school and checked building with a thermal imaging camera as well and found everything was OK.2) Vehicle unlock in Rocky Hollow.
Fire Units responded to a vehicle fire at the 5 Mile Marker on US 23. On arrival no one was found around the vehicle and the vehicle was fully involved. Rescue 31 was utilized to extinguish the fire with the foam suppression.
Firefighters were paged to a fire in Happy Hollow. Before leaving the station it was advised the fire was out but residence wanted firefighters to checked the structure. Firefighters responded and did salvage and overhaul work to the fire area.
Firefighter responded to Wheaton Hollow to a vehicle unlock.2) Firefighters called to a one vehicle accident on US 23 North near 119 Junction. On arrival police found accident occurred earlier and no one around the vehicle.