Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) Firefighters were awaken early for a vehicle fire on US 23 near Pike/Letcher Line. It was unclear if vehicle was in Letcher or Pike County. Dorton Fire Department was paged as well. Dorton had arrived and begun attacking the fire when Engine 20 arrived.
1) Firefighters responded with Engine 20 to Little Oak Street to power lines down . On arrival firefighters secured the area and waited for the AEP to arrive .2) Firefighters were called to assist in a rescue at Bad Branch Falls.
Engine 9 responded to the WIFX Radio tower for an alarm activated. On arrival firefighters checked the building and found nothing and then alerted the owners.2) Firefighters responded to an EMS call at the Family Dollar Store.
1)Someone telephoned the firehouse and stated they heard an explosion around Premiere Subdivision. Engine 20 responded and searched the area and firefighters talked to a resident but nothing was found.2) Firefighters were called to a 3 or 4 car accident on US 119.
Firefighters responded to a possible entrapment on US 119 . On arrival firefighters assisted with traffic control and placed oil dry on roadway. EMS was on scene and had the patient, Units remained on scene until roadway was opened.
Police requested assistance for traffic control on HWY 3409 due to a two vehicle accident. On arrival firefighters checked the drivers and aided the drivers.Firefighters then placed oil dry on roadway to removed leaked fluids.
1) Engine 9 was used in Burdine to assist city workers with water.2) Firefighters were requested by police to respond with a thermal imaging camera on US 119 . Police had suspects in the woods and wanted to utilize the camera in the search.
1) Firefighters responded to B&O Hill to assist a resident.2) Firefighters responded to US 23 North at the Pike and Letcher County Line to assist with traffic control on a vehicle accident. Shelby Creek Rescue Squad had requested assistance.3) Motor assist at the Methodist Church on Main Street....
1, 2) Firefighters were paged to alarm activation at the ARH Complex. On arrival firefighters were met by employee who stated the power had been off and when it came on the alarm sounded. On the second call the firefighters talked to alarm workers who had come to work on the system.3) Firefighters r...
1) Firefighters responded to an early morning two vehicle accident on Mountain Breeze Road. On arrival firefighters assisted with traffic control until vehicles were removed.2) Alarm sounding in the Gateway Industrial Park.
1) Engine 9 and Engine 20 responded to an early morning rekindle in Number One Bottom. Firefighters dampened the hot spots.2) Firefighters responded to a one vehicle accident on US 23 at the US 119 junction.
1) An early morning structure in Number One Bottom brought Engine 9 and Engine 20 along with automatic aid from Neon Fire Department. On arrival the structure was fully involved. Firefighters attacked the fire as well as cooling the next door structure.
1) Firefighters responded to assist EMS in Dairy Hollow.2) Shelby Creek Rescue requested assistance on HWY 805 near Shelby Gap on a vehicle accident with injuries.3) Firefighters responded to the Football field to an EMS call.