Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Called to US 119 for truck accident with injuries and entrapment. Dispatch also advised the truck may be on fire. Units responded and firefighters extricated the driver and then assisted EMS crews. Firefighters placed oil dry, pads and absorbent socks to stop leakage on highway.
1) Fire units requested on Bentley Loop for a brush fire near homes. Forestry arrived and Engine 9 utilized a hose line to spray around structures and into the woods.2) Unit returned to Bentley Loop to have the resident request another load of water on the fire.
1) Responded to Mountain Breeze for an EMS call. On arrival firefighters aided the patient until EMS arrived.2) Called to an EMS call on Number 6 Hollow. On arrival firefighters assisted the patient until EMS arrived.
1) Responded to Cane Branch for an EMS call. On arrival firefighters assisted EMS.2) Early morning all call went out to assist Letcher EMS on HWY 15 with an incident.3) Alarm sounded on High Street. On arrival firefighters found everything was OK.
Vehicle accident on US 23 near the US 119 Intersection. On arrival firefighters found the driver in another vehicle. Driver told EMS she would go to Pikeville in POV. Units remained on scene until vehicle was removed.2) Early morning vehicle accident on US 23 involving an ELK.
1) Called to Little Oak Street for an EMS call. On arrival firefighters assisted the patient until EMS arrived.2) Responded to Crosby Drive for an EMS call. On arrival firefighters aided the patient until EMS arrived.3) Responded to Railroad Street for an EMS call.
1) Called to assist a resident at Mountain Breeze.2) Alarm activated for an EMS call at Lakeside Drive. Firefighters assisted the resident.3) Vehicle accident on HWY 805. Units responded and assisted with traffic control.
EMS call to Jenkins High School. Firefighters aided the patient until EMS arrived.2) Responded to Little Oak Street for an EMS call. Firefighters aided the patient.3) Responded to an EMS call on Highway 805.
1) After returning from vehicle accident on US 23 firefighters were called to an EMS call at the Jenkins High School Apartments. On arrival firefighters aided the patient until EMS arrived.2) Ladder 32 was requested by Pound VA Fire Department for mutual aid on US 23 for a vehicle and building fire....