Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Late night call to Hardees for smoke in building. Engine 20 responded and firefighters utilized a thermal imaging camera to check the building. Nothing found but an electrical problem in the breaker box.
Engine 9 responded to a alarm sounding at the Headstart Bld. On arrival firefighters were met and told a basketball had hit the alarm and sounded it. Firefighters went with headstart official to reset alarm.
Firefighters were called to US 23 on Jenkins Mountain to a overturned tractor trailer, On arrival driver was checked and firefighters began diking operations and diesel fuel cleanup. Both tanks had ruptured.
Firefighters responded to a house fire on Woodland Trails. On arrival Engine 9 crew entered the structure with heavy smoke showing. Firefighters found the fire and quickly extinguished it. Engine 20 was placed at hydrant and Truck 21 brought additional firefighters to the scene.
1) Firefighters responded to an overturned tractor trailer on US 23 on Jenkins Mountain. Firefighters assisted with traffic control as well as placing absorbent material on roadway from fluid leakage. Units remained on scene until truck was removed.2) Shortly after first call the firefighters respon...
Firefighters responded to US 119 at Bentley Loop to a two vehicle accident with injuries. On arrival EMS worked on one patient while firefighters worked with another patient. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until vehicles were removed.
Police requested assistance on HWY 805 near the Burdine Post Office on a vehicle accident. Firefighters assisted with traffic control and removed the hazards from the roadway. Unit remained on scene until vehicle was removed.
1) Firefighters responded to Wheaton Hollow to an EMS call. Firefighter assisted police with calming the patient and monitoring the patient until EMS arrived.2) Firefighters responded to an EMS call in Rocky Hollow.
1) Firefighters were called to the Cash Express for a smell of smoke. Firefighters checked the building along with the Family Dollar Store. Nothing was found. A thermal Imaging Camera assisted the firefighters in checking the building.2) Firefighters called to Squirrel Drive to a male had fallen dow...
1) Firefighters responded to an alarm at the LKLP Headstart building. On arrival firefighters found a child had pulled the alarm. Firefighters assisted staff in resetting the alarm.2) Firefighters were paged to Hardees for an EMS call.
Firefighter came up on a vehicle that had hydroplaned and turned over at the Intersection of US 23/119. Units responded and assisted with traffic control allowing one lane to stay opened. Firefighters placed oil dry on the vehicle leak and cleared the roadway.
Unit responded to a power line down on HWY 805 at Joes Branch. On arrival firefighters found AEP on scene and still working on the lines from the night before. Firefighters then assisted a motorist that the vehicle had stalled.
1) Report of a tree knocking down power lines and a vehicle was struck that was carrying oxygen and a cylinder exploded. On arrival units diverted traffic through Camden. Firefighters checked for injuries.
At the end of the fireworks display in town, firefighters were requested to respond to assist police at shots fired in Number 2 Bottom. Firefighters responded and staged at the Burdine School. While in staging, firefighters noticed sparks coming from a power line.