Early morning EMS call brought firefighters out on HWY 805. Firefighters and EMS was having a difficult time finding location. Dispatch called back and found the address was given wrong and the locati...
Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Firefighters responded to US 23 on Jenkins Mountain to a one vehicle accident. On arrival firefighters prepared one patient and loaded the patient into the ambulance. Firefighters laid oil pads down due to gas leaking.
1) Firefighters were paged to a one vehicle accident on HWY 3086. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until vehicle was on the tow truck. Firefighters then received the next call.2) Firefighters in Truck 21 responded with the police to a one vehicle accident on US 119 in Payne Gap.
1) A female stopped at the Firehouse and advised smoke was seen in the old Gauley Roberts Building. Firefighter responded and found workers were working on the building for a new business.2) Firefighters responded to Number 6 Hollow to rescue a dog that had climbed out on the roof.
A vehicle had hydroplaned and went off roadway on US 23 on Jenkins Mountain. Firefighters arrived and driver only had minor injuries. Firefighters attended to the injuries and assisted the driver to the emergency vehicles.
A deer had fallen into a 5 foot deep metal pool in a yard and was drowning. Firefighters arrived and managed to get the deer in reach and pull the deer out of the pool . Firefighters then moved the deer to the edge of the property under a tree.
1) Firefighters responded to an one vehicle accident on HWY 805. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until the vehicle was removed from the ditch.2) Firefighters called to a vehicle fire one mile from the US 23/119 Junction.
1) Firefighters responded to the Old Jenkins High School Apartments for an EMS call. Firefighters assisted the resident until EMS arrived.2)Motor assist on US 23 just above the Jenkins High School Exit.
1) Firefighters were called to an EMS call at the old Jenkins High School Apartments. On arrival. firefighters aided the patient until EMS arrived. Firefighters assisted the patient and returned to firehouse.2) Firefighter responded to a motor assist on HWY 805.
Units responded to a one vehicle accident on US 23 at Jenkins Mountain. On arrival the occupants were out. Firefighters checked the occupants and assisted loading patients into the ambulances. Firefighters then placed oil pads and bowie down to control a fluid spill.
1) Firefighters were called to assist in catching a horse that was in the roadway at Store Hill. A firefighter knew someone with a trailer to assist.2) Fire unit was dispatch to an alarm at the Gateway Industrial Park.
1) Firefighters responded to assist EMS in lifting a patient on Brickyard Hill.2) Firefighters responded to a lockout at the Jenkins High School parking lot.3) City Hall requested a unit to assist police with traffic control on US 119 at the Payne Gap Church.
1) Firefighters responded to a 2 vehicle accident on Lakeside Drive. On arrival firefighters found only one vehicle was involved. Firefighters checked the driver to find no injuries. Firefighters placed oil pads under vehicle .
1) Firefighters responded to assist a female that had fallen at her residence on Burdine Rd. Firefighters and EMS assisted her up.2) Firefighters responded to the junction of US 23 and 119 to a 2 vehicle accident.
1) Firefighter responded to Basket Drive for a 911 hang up call. The police was busy with another situation and firefighter went to check. Everything was found to be OK.2) Motor assist on HWY 805. Driver had hit some rocks.