Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Firefighters responded to HWY 805 near Pike County Line to an ATV accident. On arrival firefighters aided the driver and prepared patient for transport. Firefighters remained on scene until roadway was cleared.
1) Firefighters notified of an apartment fire at Goodwater Falls. Engine 20 and 9 and Ladder 22 responded. On arrival firefighters found it was a kitchen fire and was almost extinguished. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and utilized a fan to ventilate the apartment.
1) Firefighters were paged to an early morning vehicle accident on Dunham Road with the vehicle over the embankment. Firefighters were responding to the station when they were cancelled.Police had arrived on scene and no vehicle was found.
1) Engine 9 was utilized to clean the City Park. 2) Firefighters were paged to an explosion in Rocky Hollow. While enroute, the fire dept was cancelled. The police had arrived on scene and found that a nail gun had exploded and one person had been already taken by POV to the hospital.
Someone stopped at the firehouse and advised a dog hit been hit by a vehicle on US 119 but was alive. A firefighter responded to check on the animal. The local Pet Rescue had been contacted and arrived and took the dog to a local vet.
1) EMS assist on Lakeside Drive2) While removing shelves from a warehouse on Main Street, a shelf fell unto a worker. Fire Units responded. The shelves were secured with a chain to a city unit while firefighters utilized air bags and blocks to raise the shelves off of the worker.
Neon EMS requested lifting assistance on a run to Dairy Hollow.2) After heavy rains, Main Street had high waters, firefighters cleared drainage and water was cleared. Unit remained on scene until water had cleared.
Firefighters responded to an EMS call in Elkhorn Ave. Firefighters monitored the patient and obtained history and waited for EMS to arrive.2) Firefighters responded to Dairy Hollow to assist EMS in loading a patient.
1) Firefighters responded with Engine 9 and Unit 21 to a brush fire near Raven Rock Golf Course. Firefighters utilized an attack line and hand tools to extinguish the hillside fire.2) A citizen telephoned the firehouse of a brush fire in Overlook Terrace.