Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) Firefighters responded to a two vehicle accident on HWY 805. On arrival , firefighters aided occupants, traffic control and cleared roadway of debree and fluid cleanup. 2) Firefighters were paged to an EMS call on Little Oak Street.
1)Firefighters responded to a motor assist in the Hardees parking lot. 2) Firefighters utilized Ladder 27 to assist with some work at the LKLP Headstart building. 3) Firefighters responded to a motor assist on HWY 805.
Firefighters received a call from residence stating they smelled wire burning and requested someone to come and check. On arrival firefighters entered the basement and smelled spray paint fumes. Firefighters checked the basement with a thermal imaging camera and found no fire or did not see any smok...
1) Firefighters were called to Cove Ave to an EMS call in the early hours of the 14th. Firefighters performed CPR and utilized the AED until EMS arrived. Fiirefighter assisted EMS while enroute to the hospital.
Rescue 26 responded to a vehicle accident on Number 3 Curve on HWY 805. On arrival firefighters found 2 occupants outside the vehicle. EMS arrived at that time and treated the occupants. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until vehicle was removed.
1) A female stopped at fire house and requested some help. She stated there was a loud noise outside that has been going on for sometime. Firefighters checked the area and found in a pile of brush and briers, an old smoke detector the was sounding.
Rescue 26 responded to a vehicle accident with injuries. Fire Department was paged after EMS had arrived so firefighters assisted police with traffic control until vehicle was removed. Accident occurred on HWY 805 at the Horseshoe Curve.
1) Firefighters were called to a tractor trailer accident on US 23 on Jenkins Mountain. On arrival firefighters placed oil dry and absorbent sockks down to collect a fuel spill. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until vehicle was removed.
1) Vehicle hydroplaned and hit guardrail on US 23. Unit 26 responded. Everyone was alright. Firefighters assisted with traffic control and cleaned debree from roadway. 2) Firefighters were phoned at the station about a tree fallen on US 119 blocking one lane of traffic in the Payne Gap area.
1)Firefighters responded in the early hours to Dunham Road to an EMS call. Firefighters obtained history and checked the patient and monitored the patient until EMS arrived. 2) Firefighters responded to alarm sounding in ARH Complex.
1) Firefighters took Engine 9 to Lakeside Drive to the Las Penas Restaraunt to wash down sidewalk after city did some water line work. 2) Firefighter responded to Mountainbreeze to assist in lifting a subject.
Firefighters responded to Wrights Hollow Circle to an one vehicle accident. On arrival firefighters found the vehicle on top. Firefighters assisted with traffic control and removed debree from roadway. The vehicle had lost its brakes and rolled down the hill.
Alarm sounding at the old country club apartments. On arrival firefighters walked through the building and found a water heater had gone bad. Firefighters showed mt worker the water heater and firefighters returned to the station.