Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Alarm sounding at Ferus Building at the Gateway Industrial Park. On arrival firefighters found the alarm sounded due to low water pressure in system. The city had been flushing the water hydrants at the park.
1) Firefighters responded to an automatic aid structure fire in Kona to assist Neon Fire Department. Firefighters made an interior attack and assisted with water supply. 2) Firefighters responded to 2 vehicle accident on US 23.
1) Ladder 27 responded to a vehicle accident on US 23. Police was on another call and firefighters responded to assist with traffic control. 2) Firefighters responded to a vehicle in the creek on US 119 at Payne Gap.
Firefighters were called to a 2 vehicle accident with ejeection on US 23. On arrival firefighters aided the patients. Other firefighters assisted with traffic control and placing oil dry down on roadway.
Firefighters responded to an one vehicle accident on HWY 805. On arrival firefighters checked the driver and assisted with traffic control and clearing debree from roadway. Units remained until vehicle was removed.
1) Firefighters responded to an EMS call on HWY 805. Firefighters took history and vitals and monitored the patient until EMS arrived. Firefighters assisted in loading the patient. 2) Firefighters were called to Number 6 Hollow to a building on fire and out of control.
Firefighters responded to a structure fire in McPeaks Branch. On arrival the apparatus exhausted the water on the fully involved structure. Engine 9 laid a supply line until hose was exhausted, Ladder 22 then attached to supply line and supplied water to Engine 20 and 9.
1) Firefighters assisted EMS on Brick Street. 2)Firefighters assisted EMS on Oak Street. 3)Someone stopped at the station with a child injuried. Firefighters cleaned the wound and advised them to take the child to the Emergency Room to be checked.
1) Firefighters responded to an EMS call on Axis Drive. On arrival firefighters gathered information and vitals and monitored the patient until EMS arrived. 2) Firefighters were paged to large smoke in area of Cove Ave.
1) Firefighters responded to the IGA Food Store to an EMS call. Firefighters obtained information and monitored the patient until EMS arrived. 2) Firefighters responded to an EMS call in the City Park.
1) Firefighters responded to a vehicle accident on HWY 805 near Bakers Barber Shop. Vehicle hydroplaned and ended in the ditch. No injuries. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until vehicle was removed.
1) Firefighters responded on US 23 to a motor assist. 2) Fire Department was paged to a power line down on Kona Drive near the MJP School. Dispatch cancelled the enroute Engine 9 and Unit 21. AEP was on the scene.
Firefighters responded to a two vehicle accident with injuries on US 23. On arrival firefighters assisted police with traffic control while other firefighters extricated one driver. Firefighters assisted EMS with preparing the patient for transport.
1) Firefighters responded Rescue 26, Engine 9 and Unit 24 to a 2 vehicle accident on US 23 near the Jenkins High School. On arrival EMS was on scene. Firefighters extricated one driver and assisted EMS in loading the patient.