Early morning EMS call brought firefighters out on HWY 805. Firefighters and EMS was having a difficult time finding location. Dispatch called back and found the address was given wrong and the locati...
Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Firefighters were called to Cove Ave advised that something was burning outside of a house. On arrival firefighters found resident burning outside. He was advised to keep fire further away from the tree line.
A passer by noticed smoke coming from roof area of a trailer and notified the driver. Engine 20 and Engine 9 responded. Firefighters took an attack line from Engine 20 and made an interior attack inside the cargo/living area.
Firefighters received a page for a building fire in Kona area. Dispatch advised they had no contact with Neon Fire Dept. While enroute, dispatch notified fire units to cancel the response. They had made contact with Neon Fire Dept an they had been at the scene and fire was out.
Firefighters responded to a possible gas leak at the Double Kwick. On arrival firefighters found that the drink fountain hose line to a CO2 tank was leaking. Firefighters turned the tank off and leak stopped.
Firefighters were paged to Barn Hill to smoke coming from sink area. Before Engine 20 pulled from station, dispatch cancelled fire department. One member had arrived at scene and saw ewverything was OK.
1) Firefighters assisted police with traffic control for a funeral on US 23. 2)Firefighters responded from a training class to do traffic control on Jenkins Mountian on US 23 where a truck had broke down.
1) Firefighter were requested in early morning to responded to Goodwater falls Apartments to assist EMS. Firefighters assisted EMS in moving the patient and FF Smith assisted crew in ambulance while enroute to ARH.
1) Firefighters responded to a single vehicle accident on US 23 in Payne Gap area. On arrival firefighters rendered aid to occupants and prepared them for transport by EMS. Firefighters also assisted with traffic control and removal of vehicle.
1) Engine 20 responded and stood by on Libby Lane where a business was burning brush that had been piled. 2) Firefighters responded to a bike accident on Williams Circle. Firefighters aided patient until EMS arrived.
An ATV accident occurred in Pike County. The riders were being taken to the hospital when the driver became more ill and contacted 911 dispatch. The driver stated the nearest landmark to meet the EMS was the IGA in Jenkins.
1) Firefighters were called to a fire in a flower pot on Main Street. Engine 9 applied water and extinguished the fire quickly. 2) Firefighters responded to an EMS call in Rocky Hollow. Firefighters checked the patient and aided the patient until EMS arrived.
1) Firefighters responded with Engine 9 to Freedom Lane to wash the roadway off after a truck spilled mud over the entire roadway. 2)Firefighters responded to an ATV accident at the park in Dunham.. On arrival firefighters checked 2 patients.
1) Firefighters assisted Jenkins Police with traffic control on HWY 805 for a funeral. 2) Firefighters responded to the 1 mile marker on US 23 to a one vehicle accident with injuries. On arrival, firefighters checked the driver and treated for minor injuries.