Many things have occurred inside the fire department in the last 2 months:New member of the Jenkins Fire Family was born on April 27, 2003 to Matthew and Heather Corbett; named Lukas Richard Corbett ....
Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) The Catholic Church's Priest had requested the city to removed a large tree branch the had broken by a storm. Ladder 27 was utilized to reach the branch.2) A large tree branch just missed a vehicle when it broke and fell unto a power line and cable lines.
Engine 9 responded to High Street to an alarm activated. On arrival firefighters were met by the resident who stated everything was OK; he then stated he had rest the alarm but didn't get there quick enough.
1) Firefighters assisted police with traffic for a funeral.2) Firefighters responded to Overlook Terrace to move a tree from the roadway after a hard storm hit the area.3) Firefighters responded to B&O Hill to remove a tree from the roadway.
Firefighters responded to a 2 vehicle accident on HWY 3086 at US 23 Junction. On arrival firefighters checked the occupants. Firefighters cleared roadway and returned to station. Police had cancelled the fire department but the units were already on scene.
1) Firefighters responded to HWY 805 to a motor assist.2) Firefighters were paged to an EMS call in Burdine area. On arrival it was found the subject had been dead for a period of time. Firefighters assisted coroner office in removing the body.
Firefighters responded to US 23 on Jenkins Mountain to a one vehicle accident. On arrival firefighters prepared one patient and loaded the patient into the ambulance. Firefighters laid oil pads down due to gas leaking.
1) Firefighters were paged to a one vehicle accident on HWY 3086. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until vehicle was on the tow truck. Firefighters then received the next call.2) Firefighters in Truck 21 responded with the police to a one vehicle accident on US 119 in Payne Gap.
1) A female stopped at the Firehouse and advised smoke was seen in the old Gauley Roberts Building. Firefighter responded and found workers were working on the building for a new business.2) Firefighters responded to Number 6 Hollow to rescue a dog that had climbed out on the roof.
A vehicle had hydroplaned and went off roadway on US 23 on Jenkins Mountain. Firefighters arrived and driver only had minor injuries. Firefighters attended to the injuries and assisted the driver to the emergency vehicles.
A deer had fallen into a 5 foot deep metal pool in a yard and was drowning. Firefighters arrived and managed to get the deer in reach and pull the deer out of the pool . Firefighters then moved the deer to the edge of the property under a tree.
1) Firefighters responded to an one vehicle accident on HWY 805. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until the vehicle was removed from the ditch.2) Firefighters called to a vehicle fire one mile from the US 23/119 Junction.