Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) Firefighters assisted EMS on Brick Street. 2)Firefighters assisted EMS on Oak Street. 3)Someone stopped at the station with a child injuried. Firefighters cleaned the wound and advised them to take the child to the Emergency Room to be checked.
1) Firefighters responded to an EMS call on Axis Drive. On arrival firefighters gathered information and vitals and monitored the patient until EMS arrived. 2) Firefighters were paged to large smoke in area of Cove Ave.
1) Firefighters responded to the IGA Food Store to an EMS call. Firefighters obtained information and monitored the patient until EMS arrived. 2) Firefighters responded to an EMS call in the City Park.
1) Firefighters responded to a vehicle accident on HWY 805 near Bakers Barber Shop. Vehicle hydroplaned and ended in the ditch. No injuries. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until vehicle was removed.
1) Firefighters responded on US 23 to a motor assist. 2) Fire Department was paged to a power line down on Kona Drive near the MJP School. Dispatch cancelled the enroute Engine 9 and Unit 21. AEP was on the scene.
Firefighters responded to a two vehicle accident with injuries on US 23. On arrival firefighters assisted police with traffic control while other firefighters extricated one driver. Firefighters assisted EMS with preparing the patient for transport.
1) Firefighters responded Rescue 26, Engine 9 and Unit 24 to a 2 vehicle accident on US 23 near the Jenkins High School. On arrival EMS was on scene. Firefighters extricated one driver and assisted EMS in loading the patient.
Unit 21 responded to US 23 to place a highway cone over a broken sign to prevent an accident. Firefighters also taped around the broken sign. Firefighters securred the sign until Highway Dept could come and replace it.
Engine 20 responded to Davita in Gateway Industrial for alarm sounding. On arrival firefighters walked around building and checking windows with no sign of smoke. Firefighters finally made contact with employee who unlocked door.
Firefighters responded with Engine 20 and Ladder 27 to smoke in building on Lakeside Drive. On arrival firefighters checked the building. It was found in a bathroom a heater had accidentally been turned on during cleaning.
1) Firefighters responded to HWY 805 to an EMS call. Firefighters arrived at the same time as EMS and assisted EMS in loading the patient . 2)Firefighters responded to Main Street at the Jenkins High School apartments.
1) Engine 20 responded to Number 1 Bottom to assist utility department. Engine 20 supplied water to clean a tank at the sewer plant. 2) Firefighters responded to an EMS call on Cove Street. On arrival firefighters monitored the patients until EMS arrived to transport.
1)Firefighters asssited moving a patient at the Gateway Industrial Park. 2)Firefighters washed down the high school to get it ready for school to open. 3) Female walked into the station with a hurt hand and a ring could not come off.