Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) Firefighters called to an EMS call on Little Oak Street. Firefighters had to make forcible entry and then aid patient until EMS arrived.2) Unit responded from last location to another EMS call in Rocky Hollow.
1) Dispatched to an EMS call on US 23. On arrival firefighters checked the patients. No further assistance needed by FD.2) Requested lifting assistance in Number 3 Hill.3) Requested lifting assistance on HWY 805.4) Report of a oven fire on HWY 805.
1) Early morning vehicle accident on US 23 North. On arrival firefighters checked occupants and assisted with traffic control. Firefighters utilized the winch on Rescue to flip and move vehicle from the roadway.
1) Unit requested on Libby Lane for water leak causing an outlet to smoke. Firefighters shut off water and then the main breaker,2 Police requested fire units just off HWY 805 for a garbage fire near a gas line.
1) Dispatched from HWY 805 to tree down and power lines on house on Number 1 Bottom. Firefighters found power lines down in yard. AEP notified and units remained on scene until power company arrived.2)Called to an EMS call on Thunder Ridge Road.3) Called to an EMS call at Premier Subdivisions.
Called to US 119 for truck accident with injuries and entrapment. Dispatch also advised the truck may be on fire. Units responded and firefighters extricated the driver and then assisted EMS crews. Firefighters placed oil dry, pads and absorbent socks to stop leakage on highway.