Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) Firefighters responded to an EMS call on Ginseng Drive. On arrival firefighters aided te patient and monitored the patient until EMS arrived. 2)Firefighters returned to Wrights Hollow to rekindle after some winds caused an area to begin to burn.
Firefighters were called to a structure fire on Wrights Circle. On arrival, firefighters made an interior attack but was pulled back when the water pressure hampered the continuation. Firefighters made an exterior attack protecting a gas tank and structure.
Rescue 26 and Truck 21 responded to a subject laying beside the roadway on US 23 at Joes Branch. On arrival of first units, the subject had started walking. He was checked out and everything was OK . He refused EMS.
Firefighters responded to a one vehicle accident on US 119 near Fishpond Lake. On arrival firefighters assisted EMS with getting patient out of the vehicle and loading the patient. Other firefighters assisted with traffic control and disconnected the battery.
Firefighters assisted with a 2 vehicle accident with minor injuries at the junction of US 23 and HWY 3086. Firefighter assisted with traffic control and assisted EMS in loading the patient. Firefighters remained on scene until roadway was cleared.
1) Firefighters were called to a vehicle accident with injuries on US 23. While Rescue 26 was enroute, EMS cancelled the firefighters because everything was OK. 2)Firefighters assisted with traffic control on HWY 3086 while a tow truck was removing a vehicle from the roadway.
1) Firefighters responded to a matteress fire on a porch in Rocky Hollow. On arrival the firefighters found the items in the yard. Owner stated someone had alerted them of the fire and he attempted to use an extinguisher.
1) Firefighters responded to the old high school to a fire alarm activated. Dispatch cancelled while enroute. Dispatch had got a call that everything was ok at the building. 2) Firefighters were requested by the city manager to respond to US 23 near Pike County Line to a motor assist.
1) Firefighters were paged to Goodwater Falls Apartments to a kitchen fire and was also advised there were two occupants inside. Firefighter Ben Smith arrived first and banged on the door when one person opened the door.
1) Firefighters assisted police in closing US 23 when a heavy snow fell causing many accidents and roadway icy. The roadway was closed until the state highway crews could plow and salt the roadway and get the vehicles out of the roadway.
1) Fire Department responded to a possible vehicle accident with entrapment on HWY 805. On arrival there was no entrapment . Firefighters checked the driver and assisted with traffic control until vehicle was removed.