Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Fire units responded to Hardees for a possible fire. Firefighters found smoke in building and used a thermal imaging camera to investigate. No fire was found and it was determined that the smoke had come from the air unit fan.
1) Firefighter assisted male after falling. No injuries. 2) Firefighters responded to an alarm activation at a residence on Lakeside Drive. On arrival it was found everything was OK. Grease that was being warmed began to smoke activationg the smoke alarm.
1) Firefighters callled to an EMS call in Payne Gap area. Firefighters performed CPR on patient until EMS arrived and transported. One firefighter assisted EMS on the way to the hospital. 2) While in route to hospital, Unit 12 came upon an one vehicle accident .
1) Firefighters were paged early morning to assist police with traffic control at an one vehicle accident on HWY 805. 2) Firefighters respoded to an EMS call on Cane Branch. Firefighters remained with patient until EMS arrived.
1)Smoke was in the apartments at Goodwater Falls. On arrival firefighters checked apartments with a thermal imaging camera and found no fire. The air system had pulled smoke into the apartments. 2)Structure fire reported on Ginseng Drive.
1) Firefighters responded to an one vehicle car accident on HWY 805 at the Number 3 curve. Firefighters checked the driver and packaged the driver for transport by EMS. 2) Firefighters responded to assist male who had fallen and needing assistance into the bed.
Virginia Forestry had a controlled burn on the border. Apparently a log had rolled and set another fire. Engine 9 was pulled and firefighter watched the fire and kept the fire from spreading to cabins.
1) Firefighters responded to a vehicle accident on HWY 805. A male walked into the station to report it. Rescue 57 responded and found vehicle in ditch and no one injuried. 2) Firefighters responded and assisted a male who had fallen.
Fire Department notified of a brush fire near homes in Wrights Hollow. Fire units responded and found a brush fire in the hills away from structures. Units checked the B&O Hill area as well. Forestry was in route to extinguish the fire.