Many things have occurred inside the fire department in the last 2 months:New member of the Jenkins Fire Family was born on April 27, 2003 to Matthew and Heather Corbett; named Lukas Richard Corbett ....
Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
Firefighters were dispatched to assist Neon Fire Department at a structure fire in Kings Hollow Road. On arrival Jenkins staged at the bottom of the hill for further orders. Neon advised no fire was found and units could cancel.
1)A citizen stopped and notified a firefighter that they needed a police officer. The firefighter notified police and assisted the police in preserving the area until the KY State Police could arrive. Firefighters assisted other authorities on arrival.
1) Firefighters were paged to a vehicle accident on HWY 805 at the Horseshoe Curve. On arrival firefighters checked the occupant and placed him on a backboard ready for transport by EMS. Firefighters remained on scene for general cleanup and traffic control.
Firefighters were paged to a vehicle accident with injuries and possible entrapment on Burdine Road. On arrival firefighters found driver out and passenger still inside vehicle. Firefighters and EMS removed passenger through the drivers door.
Firefighters were called to a possible transformer fire on Elm Street. Police arrived and cacelled the fire department due to unable to fine a fire. Firefighters responded to Dairy Hollow to the Headstart Building to an alarm.
Firefighters responded to 7 calls to remove trees and debree from various roadways in the town. Firefighters were called to HWY 805 to a possible Breaker Box Fire. Firefighters used the thermal imaging camera to check for possible fire in the area of the fuse box, no fire found.
The fire department responded to an accident with possible injuries on US 23 on Jenkins Mountain. Firefighters found 2 vehicles . Firefighters checked both vehicles for injuries and there were none. One vehicle had back window busted due to the accident, firefighters placed plastic over it.
1) Early morning call of a brush fire on HWY 805 near the Horseshoe Curve. On arrival firefighters found someone had set a mattress on fire and the fire climbed the hillside. About 15 acres were burning.
Firefighters responded to a vehicle fire off Highway 3409. On arrival firefighters found the Dodge vehicle fully involved. An attack line was pulled from Engine 9 to extinguish the fire. After the vehicle was extinguished, firefighters found a small brush fire on a hillside that had started from the...
1) Firefighters were paged to a brush fire on HWY 805 near Dunham's Store Hill. Engine 9 quickly extinguished the fire with a deck gun. 2) While at the brush fire dispatch notified firefighters that a male needed lifting assistance on Williams Street.
Firefighters were paged to a structure fire at Shea's Fork in McRoberts. Engine 20 was leaving station when dispatch informed to cancel response. Neon unit advised that the fire was a controlled burn. Firefighters were paged to an alarm at the Old Jenkins High School .
1) Firefighters were paged to the three bedroom apartments at Mountain Breeze to a fire. On arrival no fire was visable so firefighters checked the apartment using a thermal imaging camera. No fire was found.
1) Firefighters responded to Rocky Hollow to an electricial fire. Firefighters investigated and found a wire was shorting. Firefighters turned the power off in the area of the house. No further procedures were needed.