Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) Vehicle unlock in Number 1 Hill.2) EMS call to Mountain Breeze Apartments. On arrival firefighters obtained history and checked the patient.3) Responded to a vehicle accident on US 23 at US 119 Junction.
1) Highway Department employee notified dispatch of a truck on US 23 Jenkins Mountain had blocked the highway. A unit responded and did not locate the vehicle.2) Responded to Mountain Breeze for an EMS call.
1) Firefighters responded to Crown Hill for an EMS call. On arrival firefighters aided the patient until EMS arrived.2) Firefighters responded to an EMS call on Cottage Row. On arrival firefighters aided the patient until EMS arrived.3) Called to assist a resident who had fallen on Lakeside Drive.
1) Firefighters responded to the Jenkins High School Apartments to assist a resident that had fallen from wheelchair.2)Responded to Rocky Hollow for an EMS call. On arrival firefighters aided the patient until EMS arrived.3)Vehicle unlock at the Double Kwick.
Fire units responded to US 23 and US 119 Junction for a 2 vehicle accident. On arrival firefighters assisted with traffic control and checked for injuries. Firefighters utilized the jaws to pull a bumper from tire so vehicles could be cleared.
1) Fire unit responded in the early hours to US 23 on Jenkins Mountain due to several accidents caused by slippery roadway. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until highway department responded and salt roadway.2) Fire units responded to a single vehicle accident on HWY 805 near Dunham.
1) Firefighters responded to Williams Street for an EMS call. Firefighters aided the patient until Letcher EMS arrived.2) Firefighters found a man walking on HWY 805 in the early morning hours in the snow.
1) Firefighters responded to a cat rescue on Number 4 Hollow. On arrival the cat had a jar on head. Firefighters utilized crisco oil to free the cat.2) Responded to Fairway Drive for an EMS call. On arrival firefighters found the patient OK.
1) Called to a structure fire on Cove Ave. Firefighters could see heavy smoke coming from area. On arrival firefighters quickly cooled the neighboring structure that flames were impeding on. Firefighters then attacked the fire.
1) Lifting assistance in Wrights Hollow.2) While at first call an EMS call came in for Joes Branch. Firefighter responded and took vitals and monitored the patient until EMS arrived.3) Motor assist on Lakeside Drive.
1) Fire units were called to US 23 on the mountain in the early hours. Multiple vehicles had accidents due to the weather. Firefighters assisted with traffic control until vehicles could be removed.2) Responded to an EMS call at the Burdine School.