Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) Storm came through area in the early morning causing a tree to fall on HWY 805 in Burdine. Firefighters cut the tree and removed it from the highway. State Hwy arrived and scene turned over.2) Firefighter responded to B&O Hill and removed a tree from the roadway.
Firefighters responded to the US 23 and US 119 Junction for a vehicle accident with injuries. On arrival firefighters assisted EMS with patient removal . Firefighters placed oil dry on roadway and traffic control until roadway was reopened.
1) Firefighter assisted EMS with a patient at Mountain Breeze in the early morning.2) Firefighters called to Premier subdivision to an EMS call but canceled by police on arrival..3) Firefighters responded to an EMS call on Rocky Hollow.
1) Engine 20 responded to a dispatch call of a pole fire on Lakeside Drive. On arrival it was found a wire was on fire outside of a structure that should have not had power on it. Firefighters entered structure with a thermal imaging camera to check for extension..
1) Rescue 31 responded to a one vehicle accident on US 119. On arrival firefighters checked the driver and placed oil dry on roadway. Firefighters remained on scene until the vehicle was removed.2) Assisted EMS with loading a patient on B&O Hill.
Units responded to a truck fire on US 23 near the state line. Units made no contact to a truck. Units traveled roadways to make sure the location was different. Units checked US 119 as well as US 23 into Pike County.
1) EMS call to the golf course. On arrival firefighters aided the patient until EMS arrived.2) Fire units responded to an overturned tractor trailer at the intersection of US 119 and US 23. Tractor trailer was carrying raw chicken.
1) Lifting assistance of a resident of HWY 34002) Called to Mountain Breeze Apartments to an EMS call. On arrival history and vital taken. EMS arrived and firefighters assisted with loading the patient.