Congratulations goes to several members. Firefighter Denise Taylor graduated from college, Jr Firefighter Cameron Triplett becomes a freshman and Firefifhter Matthew Corbett received his EMT Intermedi...
The Jenkins Fire Department had the yearly awards dinner on Dec 17, 2018. Awards given included 5 yr service to Roy Triplett and Matt Anderson, 10 yr service to Matthew Corbett, 15 year to Elijah Davi...
1) Firefighters responded to a vehicle accident on US 23 South. Firefighters did traffic control until police could arrive.2) Responded to Improvement Branch to unclog a culvert .3) House being demolished on Elkhorn Ave and crews set an area on fire.
1) Vehicle unlock on Straight Row.2) Snows blew in causing US 23 Jenkins Mountain to be slippery. Police requested assisted with traffic control until the Highway Department could arrive with salt trucks.
Firefighters responded to automatic aid to a structure fire in McRoberts. On arrival Engine 20 laid a supply line and then firefighters pulled an attack line . The fire caused a brush fire that was spreading.
1) Firefighters were called to a vehicle accident on a strip mine road off of US 23. On arrival firefighters got the vehicle out of the mud and returned to the station.2) A strange odor was reported coming out of an apartment in Mountain Breeze.
On the snowy early morning, firefighters were called to Apple Tree Branch in Deane to two structures on fire. Engine 9 began a slow response when arriving in Neon, Neon advised they were responding and Jenkins could cancel and standby on this side of the mountain.
1) Firefighters were called to a two vehicle accident on US 119 North. On arrival no accident found. A vehicle had broke down on side of road. Units returned to station.2) Firefighters were asked to respond to the Double Kwick to check a blood pressure.
1) Motor assist at the Family Dollar Store parking2) Firefighters paged to Wrights Circle for an EMS call. On arrival firefighters obtained history and checked for injuries. EMS arrived and took over patient care.